Monday, January 23, 2012

2012 Is Best Year

If the world ends this year, I think I'll be cool with it. I'm having a great time.
I got a pipe for Christmas, and it's made my unfortunate smoking habit (damn you Matt!) a thousand times more enjoyable, not to mention classier.
I'm directing an awesome 22-min drama, the biggest project in my 2-year film school program, making it the biggest film I've ever directed and essentially what the past four years of my schooling has been building up to. I'm totally going all pulp noir comic pop Hitchcock on it, too. It's gonna be great. It's a psychological thriller written by Jackie Nicolls (http://www.wix.com/jackienicolls/film <-- jealous of this site a little!). She's great. And if the world ends this year, I can successfully have made an awesome student film but not have to worry about surviving in the real world!
Despite no one reading it, I've been having a blast writing Bat to the Beginning , renewing my journey through Golden Age Batman has been fun, satisfying and inspiring. Batman is awesome, writing about Batman is awesome, but it would be awesomer if I knew people were reading me write about Batman.
So many great movies are coming out this year, it's kind've like Nerdvana. "The Avengers", "The Dark Knight Rises", "Skyfall", etc.
Finally, what I am most thankful for is Sarah Dorchak (http://raw-sugar-adventures.blogspot.com/), who I've now been dating for almost three years. She's the greatest thing on two legs and the light of my life. She's not only smart, funny, geeky, and a writer, she's jaw-droppingly gorgeous.

So sure, the world can end in 2012. I'd have no regrets, because life is grand. But bollocks to those counting on it, too -- because not only is that all bullshit, but frankly I've got a life to build, and I plan on every minute being better than the last. So here's to years of success and achievement!! Because why devote your time to anything less?

No comments:

Post a Comment