Wednesday, September 29, 2010

I Love Materialism

I'm buying a new TV tomorrow with my hard-earned money working as an Addiction Services Worker. I like big purchases because they give me a sense of achievement, namely because they are the physical manifestation of my achievements. It's like,

"Hi, I have achieved success in the world. My success has been rewarded with monetary wealth, and I have chosen to represent this wealth to others in the form of possessions which also give me pleasure and which are useful.

In this way I not only motivate myself to achieve more success, but also inspire others to do the same by demonstrated the life they could lead and things they could have if they did."

Think about this the next time a man with nothing, who does nothing, achieves nothing, tries to make you feel guilty about owning the things which make your life enjoyable day by day.

No comments:

Post a Comment